Saturday, October 4, 2008

It gets juicy...

So much for my fashion month. It kinda fizzled at the end while I shifted back to my trusty jeans. 
I do have some juicy news but am saving it to the bitter end(of the post), bear with me, we'll get there...

Things around these parts have been busy. The house has gone back to a state of mess (though not nearly as bad as it was) and it only took Ethan a few moments while I was distracted with the dishwasher. 
The dude works fast!
Craft class has been something that has kept my creative bone busy. I enjoy the prep work and then seeing the kids create. I like the idea of the 'Friday school' set up that the homeschooling group has but I am not impressed with how things come together.
I am now leaning heavily towards sending the kids to the preschool across the street next year(for two hours a week). 
The organization and established atmosphere of a school along with the encouraged socialization is what the difference is. There is no comparison.
It is not that I think all homeschoolers are weird or anything, most are really normal and do great fun things. I am just not sure that the home school socializing method is right for us. Kaitlyn is not thriving in it at all. It is way too chaotic. She is confused and scared by all the goings on and not sure how or where to join in. 'Friday school' is just not like it was when I was a kid and homeschooled.
We'll see how it plays out but I am sadly dissapointed in how it is going. 
That said I do love my class.
Here are some of the crafts from this afternoon drying before they go home. To see up close some of what we made go here
Bounty. This year has gone to the tomatoes. I don't know anyone who doesn't have buckets overflowing with the red juicy fruit. I didn't grow any this year and am rather happy about it. 
While visiting my mom this afternoon I raided her coolers full (brought home from a visit with her Hutterite (sp?) friends) and came away with some delicious sandwich ready tomatoes.
Now a change of subject again. 

Remember all my whining over a tooth ache?
Well a few nights ago I was laying in the bath thinking about my tooth agony.
My whole mouth hurt, like all my teeth were either going to fall out or I was going to yank em. I wanted to floss till they all plopped into the sink one by one and stopped causing me grief.
Gross I know!

Then I remembered that I had teeth issues a few times before. Both times I was pregnant and they felt like they were moving around in my head.
Hmmmmm my period was due soon but not yet.

I rummaged in the closet for a test kit and had one that lets you test up to a week early.
I peed on the stick.
Waited a few moments.
My heart started to pound.
Two pink lines appeared.
One really faint.
I hopped back in the tub and called Dave in.
He saw it and said, "Hmmm, take another in a few days, I don't believe it yet."
So I waited a few days. Now I was late. I took another test.

Strong blue plus sign.

We are really excited and hope and pray that it is a good healthy pregnancy.
That's it, I am tired and food smells bad.
Good night!

29 comments:

bethany actually said...

Wow! I'm so happy for you guys, how exciting! I think the preschool across the street will come in very handy for you next year. :-)

This is the third time in two days I've found out about a friend being pregnant. Must be something in the air!

Catharine said...

Congratulations!!!! I will join you in praying for a healthy, full term baby - that is amazing news!!!

mamatucci said...

Wow,congratulations.I wasn expecting that one!How exciting

SAJ said...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! congratulations!

Angella said...

Woohoo! Congratulations!!

Glenda Conner said...

WooHoo Congrats Anna!! Praying you have a happy, healthy little bundle in what May? Ü

Unknown said...

wowowowow...congratulations!!!!

Anonymous said...

How great! Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congratulations! We'll be praying for you!

The Chatty Housewife said...

Yay! Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys!

Kiki said...

Yay, that is soooo exciting! Have you told big sister and big brother yet?

Kristen said...

HOLY CRAP!! You kept that information until the very end???

Congratulations!! How fun!! Can't wait to read about the adventure along the way!! :)

How about maternity fashion??

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

congratulations! I know this may sound selfish, but better you than me:)

Angela Fehr said...

Wow, Anna! Congratulations! I hope you have easy pregnancies (aside from the tooth thing).

I'm homeschooling this year and haven't joined any homeschool groups. My girls get their "socialization" from small group gatherings with friends and extra-curricular stuff like skating and swimming, storytime at the library, etc. I like that I can shape their social time and it doesn't have to be a huge group chaotic event. And lots of 3 year olds find those group activities just overwhelming - get more comfortable with it as they get older.

Anonymous said...

yay!!!!!! so happy for you, and may it be a great happy healthy ride this time. and you ARE sneaky for keeping that till the end ;)

Anonymous said...

OMG, Anna!!! HUGE congrats from me, babe! That is awesome news, I am so happy for you! I don't know your history but it sounds like you had some trouble during pregnancy, so I will definitely pray for a happy & healthy 9 months :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh YAY!! Congratulations to you, Dave and the kids. And wishing you a wonderful healthy pregnancy.

Anonymous said...

Yahoo! I read this a few days ago and am finally getting around to commenting to say congratulations and I wish you a happy, healthy and COMFORTABLE pregnancy!!! =)

Unknown said...

Wow girl!! How suprising and exciting all at the same time. Come to think of it, that's how it's supposed to be, right?!?! : )

Congrats and we will join you in the prayers for a healthy pregnancy and baby!

P.S. Hope food starts to smell better soon!

Temeculamom said...

Oh, congratulations! Another beautiful baby for your family! How exciting. Your craft class looks fabulous, and those tomatoes make me want a tomato sandwich so badly!!

Melanie said...

Hi Anna,

That is exciting news! Congrajulations! Kind of makes me want to try for another one myself. But I still go back and forth.

Kori said...

oh, how wonderful! I really really really wish it was me (and yes, I really really do mean that!) so I will live vicarusly through yours, if that is okay. I hope you show us photos of your glorious belly all the way through. Yayayayayyaya! And BTW, if you have any of the good toothache drugs left....ha ha, only kidding. But there really was seomthing else I was going to say and swish...it's gone. :)

Sandy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! We are so happy for you, hope you are feeling well!!!!

homemom1001 said...

Yay Anna! I can hardly believe that you are pregnant, I love the idea of new life - yay, yay, yay!! We will pray for you!

I can imagine how you feel about afternoon activities! There have been many times I have been glad I didn't wade into the waters of "socialization" until my kids were older, and of course there was less of them, and farther apart! Whatever God leads you to do, you have blessed us already! Your craft class is amazing!

Anonymous said...

I really need to get around to all my blogs more often. CONGRATS on the new baby! You are a pro-creating machine!

And, FYI even a faint line on a pregnancy test is a positive result. YAY!

As far as tomatoes go we got a ton from the grandparents this year but APPLES have been out of control at my Mother in Laws house!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow this is great news. I can't beleive you kept it to the very end of your post. You teaze!

MJ said...

Congrats! Hope you have a safe and healthy pregnancy! (Absolutely love the painting of the woman with the dark hair! Stunning!)

HotRodHanna said...

Congratulations!! Hope you have a smooth, uneventful pregancy and a happy, healthy baby!