Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Walkin' back through time cause that is all I can do...

...while my husband takes apart the pipes connecting to our tub. I for one am glad this is happening, it has been days since my last bath and I am dying to hunker down for a good soak with a good book. You see for the last few weeks, or month or so the tub has not been draining well. It seems to take at least 6-8 hours to drain and then the sludge left behind from soaps is disgusting! I was able to clean it and flush it with a cup or two of water before the water would come back out the drain and this worked for a while. Until I did a body scrub with a detoxifying mask and then there was no hope. The sludge from the mask, ugh!

So finally tonight Dave...he just came back upstairs now from working on the pipes and he is carrying the rankest bucket with a spoon and a washcloth in it. Whew, clearing the house!! Wow, I cannot believe a cloth that got sucked down could cause such a problem, but now I have a bath again, yay, I can hardly wait to clean it!

Anyway, on with what I was stalling with while I waited for the bath.
More photos from the archives. These were taken on my birthday and ones I also forgot about and meant to include in the last post. I had forgotten that it was one of the most awesomely warm almost t-shirt weather days in the middle of November! 17th to be specific.....I just might quiz you on this next year;-)


The afternoon sun beckoned so we headed out for a little stroll down the alley. Don't ask why but this is just what we do. Well, ok. We are alley walkers. Sometimes I like to find treasures that people kindly leave next to garbage bins but really it is just nice to have the room to run and no traffic. Also seeing homes from the back end is kinda like looking at personalities. You can see more what people are like from their back yards. If they collects junk, and cars and wood and bags of stuff or if they have flowers and benches and a garden and compost. Ornaments in their trees, gnomes or fairies, silk plants....yah. You know they are old then, like really old and probably single.

Totally sidetracked. Sorry.
Back to the lovely walk.


I like to get attractive photos of my children, especially when they can't fight me!


We (I) decided to take a few family photos with our Christmas card in mind.
Thank you fence posts and garbage bins and the self timer for these.

Now skip ahead 6 days.......Yes I had walked away mid post to have my bath and didn't make it back for 6 days.
So fast forward to today.

Ooops. Tub is still fixed, yay!


Anyway.....(also on a side note. I cannot find my address book so your card might be sitting on my table for a while, sorry.)

Now back to my 'anyway......'


Ya, we had a few outtakes. Blame it on the stinky compost corner post that I wanted to run from rather than hang around and fiddle with the camera on.







And then we had one that we could use. This is not the colour it ended up after printing but I am saving that outcome for when and if the cards ever get delivered. Oh, and I kindly photo shopped my showing butt to have jeans on it.
You are welcome!


And now on with Christmas preparations and the COLD temperature outside.
A great excuse to stay cosy and warmly wrapped up in blankets by a fire all day. Which is what we do since our house is so poorly insulated. Ok, ok, not all day, but how nice would that be!!
Ethan has a heater in his room now since it gets so cold there, his blankets freeze to the wall. There is ice three inches up the windows and cold drafts and a pop can sitting a foot away from the back door (inside) exploded because it froze. However like a friend stated to me earlier tonight, it is so nice to be able to make and enjoy tea whenever you want!
Not only that but it is so pretty out there with the snow and the frost and the crisp air and the heated seats in our new (not working so well right now) truck.

I am embracing it this year baby and am going (to try really hard) to see God's beauty and humor in the whole situation.



Some of our gift ideas are coming to life. Home made bath soaks have been brewing and a few other goodies too. Now then they might just end up sitting here too if I cannot find that address book, or I suppose I could make a few phone calls;-)


I have great help. We may be a few vials shorter than I had planned but the extra mess was worth it.



Gonna go publish this finally, night all!!!!

7 comments:

Brooke said...

Love your comment about photoshopping your jeans back on...hehehe. And we haven't even taken the Christmas card picture yet...or started looking for the address book. Oh, the list of things to do that will NEVER go away!

mamatucci said...

Love your family pictues. I just did the kids for mine again this year. Sorry about not coming out,what is with cold spell right now. And probably good thing I didnt anyway my van is back in would be great if they could fix the problem. So heres to me getting out there by Febuary and then it will have bee a year! And I am less than a hour and a half away! Oh well guess life just gets in the way sometimes

BeachMama said...

OH you are so funny Anna! I make Milk Bath too! Glad you got your bath back and working, sorry that your house is a little cooler than most, blankets are good :)

Anonymous said...

Hi there Anna, Dave and kids,
Your pictures warm my heart on a very cold day here in Calgary! I can be feeling down, or tired and reading your blog brings me back to a very wonderful world! Thanks for being you and for bringing such wonderful children into this world. Talk to you soon.
MOM/Grandma

Ara said...

Great post, love that you left for 6 days and had a bath, which sounds divine right now!! And I am glad I am not the only one who lost my address book!! But, I did find it in the most strangest of places, so look high and low, and in the most strangest places!! You will find it! Merry Christmas Anna & Family!!

Anonymous said...

I am in total agreement with you Grandma MA - nothing makes me feel better than clicking on the blog and seeing the kids - both the grown up and the little ones. There is nothing like a child - Kaitlyn's poses, Ethan's and his cars, or Hudson's smile - that can make a bad or sad day somehow disappear in seconds. My screen saver at work will attest to this! Love from Grandma MM

Anonymous said...

Hey Anna,
I love the pictures! Those babies are really growing fast. Everytime I see pictures of them I can't believe how big they are. Hope to see you soon.
love Aunty Kathy